Monday, January 21, 2008

First posting


So, after a year of sending pictures out via Shutterfly, we've decided to switch over to a blog. Though I can't imagine anyone not loving cute baby pics, this allows you to catch up on the Fleming family on your own time. The name of the blog, Star Soul, is named for Esther. Her name, Esther Alma, means Star soul in Hebrew and Latin.
The past year has brought so many blessings. Esther is now a year old and is changing every day. She is running around and talking up a storm, though we're not sure what she is saying most of the time. "Papa" and "ball" are her favorite words right now. Her new favorite toy is a colander and spoon. She sits in the colander and reads books (and gets her hair did). Here's a picture I took today.
Ben is very busy. He is taking anatomy and physiology on top of working full-time. He has an interview with Emory at the end of February, so please keep him in your prayers.
I am working through my LAST semester of graduate school! I am very excited to finish up. This is a very intense semester for me, especially studying for my comprehensive exam in addition to my regular courses. Esther does not allow much study time, but I can't resist her cute, gap-tooth smile. I am still working a few hours with the Botanical Garden. I'm mainly working on developing a new field trip focusing on Migratory birds. It is a fun project. We also received great news that one of our curricula is going to be published nationally through 4-H. The Garden Earth Naturalist program is the project I have spent the most time on. It is really exciting to see it reach this level.
Well that is the update on the Star Soul Family. I'll be updating as time allows. We wish all a blessed year, with much love and joy!

Heather, Benjamin, and Esther

2 comments:

Sara said...

It's lovely to hear you're all getting on well. Ester is growing up fast - she is such a cutie!!! Sounds like lots is going on in your little family. My best to both of you with exams, courses and future interviews!!!! I love the fact you have a blog, now I can check in and see what you are up to. All the best, Sara x x x

Songbird Mama said...

Hey Heather...glad you decided to join the blogger family!
;)
Hope to see you guys soon!
Ansley