Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tinkle, Tickle

As I've mentioned, Esther is loving school (or 'cool' as she calls it). They must have a wonderful music time because E has been singing more than usual lately. Her most recent melody is a combo of Twinkle, Twinkle ('Tickle/tinkle'), Wheels on the Bus, and Happy Birthday. It goes about like this:
Tinkle, tickle, tickle, tickle...How do you do, how do you do...happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...(continues with the happy birthday until Ben and I can't contain our laughter any longer). I love her voice and how singing brings her such joy.
She now loves Twinkle, Twinkle has her night-time song. Though I'm having a hard time breaking away from the routine songs, I have conceded. She is doing very well putting herself to sleep after a few songs and a short rock. She 'sings' and 'pats' her baby doll to sleep in her bed. It is so sweet! Here is a picture I sneaked in to take at naptime. She's cuddling with 'Ellie' instead of baby today.

And as for my favorite night-night song. I learned this at my prenatal yoga class I took while pregnant. We sang four rounds of this at the end of each class. The first time I heard it, I fought back tears of joy and the amazing miracle of the life inside me. It filled my heart and comforted me to see another soon-to-be Mama burst into tears in the coming weeks after hearing it for the first time.

Welcome to this world, dear child
Welcome to the Earth
All our love surrounds you at your birth.
Though our paths may someday part,
right now, you're too small to be alone,
so the Lord, has placed you in our home...

The tears are welling up once again.

To not leave on a teary note, here's E having a 'Flashdance' flashback. She put Ben's socks on while folding laundry. They remind me of the leg warmers I used to wear to dance.

1 comment:

Nikhat Powell said...

Welcome to this world, dear child
Welcome to the Earth
All our love surrounds you at your birth.
Though our paths may someday part,
right now, you're too small to be alone,
so the Lord, has placed you in our home...

I've been searching for this song, and came across your page... Can you guide me to it? It is special to me too. My brother played it for my son when he was just minutes old, and now my son is turning 18! I really wanted to pass on this blessing to another dear friend who's just had a baby...