Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Backyard Harvest - farm visit

We had another lovely day today, visiting our friend's farm-Backyard Harvest. We brought along our friends, Andy and Amara (unfortunately, the spouses had to work). The girls had fun tromping around the farm, picking strawberries and carrots, and admiring Buddy and Rose - llama and alpaca. Us adults enjoyed the fellowship of friends, the warm sun and cool breeze, and the yummy lettuce we were sent home with (thanks, Becky and Boo!).
We also got a special treat of going out in the little pond on the farm. This is one of the only times I can remember E being out on a boat (except when we went out once on my brother's big boat). I was a bit nervous, but she did great! She swore she saw a turtle swimming, but no one else saw it.
And lastly, a sweet pic from Mother's Day. After a busy few weeks (months), I decided I didn't want to do anything on my day. We planted our tomatoes, made strawberry shortcake, and just relaxed all day. Can't ask for much more than that.

No comments: