Thursday, June 11, 2009

Almost-summer play

I really don't feel like we had much of a Spring, other than all the rain. It went from cold to hot pretty quickly. Summer will be here very soon and I don't mind one bit. I love hot weather, so really am not bothered by it too much. I do struggle to find activities for Esther and I to do that want involve sunburn or overly flushed cheeks (that E seems to get w/in 5 minutes of being outside). Today was a lazy day, so we worked in some of our plants and did water play. Ben keeps fussing that I should stop planting more seeds (in pots) because he doesn't want to have to move them. I keep reminding him that we will still want plants after the move and they are easier to move in pots than in the ground. Today, we planted a few milkweed seeds (monarch caterpillar host plants) and some wildflower mix. I also worked on staking our tomatoes. I am so excited for these heirlooms that I picked up at the Garden. We've got 4 different varieties and they are looking great.
Our first tomato is coming along nicely!
And the water play - one of Esther's favorite things to do. I like that it is warm, so she can do it outside. She never fails to make a huge mess. She brings out the majority of her cooking paraphernalia and lots of water and goes to 'work'. Occupies a good 30 minutes or so. I love watching her play and her imagination.

No comments: