Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Arrghhhh! Esther is 3!

And, YES, she asked for a pirate party. Not too sure where the idea came from, but we took it and ran with it. We had so much fun preparing and partying it up, pirate-style. The party was complete with eye patches, pirate coloring sheets, a treasure hunt for loot, and cupcakes. Esther is still talking about it and doing everything as a pirate. She got a beta fish from her Aunt Sara (she calls her "My Sara") and named him 'Pirate Froggy Fleming'. I think pirates are here to stay!
Decorating - snacks included goldfish, cannonballs (grapes), and pirate ship cupcakes.
Ben making the treasure maps (E telling Grandma all about it)
Please, can I eat my cake already!
Delicious 'Death By Chocolate Vegan' cupcakes - Oh My!
One Fabulous Pirate!
Ready for the Treasure Hunt
Nothing in the pirate cave...
getting closer...
TREASURE!!! Thanks to my Mom for supplying the 'jewels' and 'gold' coins in pouches.
Kid-present pileup!
Thank you, everybody!!!
I know she's only 3 years old, but I don't think this is a birthday she will soon forget. We are so blessed to have Esther in our lives and all the joy that she brings us. Though we battle with the ever-growing sassiness, we are proud that she is developing into an independent, strong individual. Love that girl!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell Esther Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like she had a great time at her party, arrrrrgh....

gabriane vargas said...

Eu amei a festa de Esther.