Monday, August 11, 2008

Our big girl


This is her 'cheese' face

Esther turned 20 months today (written on the 13th, pics uploaded on the 11th) and it is really hitting us that she is not a baby anymore. She is growing up so fast (as everyone said she would). She loves to help out around the house, pretend with her baby, and tell us everything she knows.

Feeding baby

With all the wonderful time we have on weekends now, Ben has taken up cooking. I know- what a lucky woman I am. On the days I work and some on the weekends, Ben has been trying out new recipes (with Esther's help). Going back to his cajun roots, he made Jambalaya this weekend. It was SO good! Last night, he made pasta primavera. Yum! I made a peach and blueberry cobbler over the weekend too, but it didn't last long enough to get a picture.

Cooking with Papa


Notice the new haircut


A fun visit from Poppi and Grandma (Ben's parents). We also had a great visit from my parents last week, but unfortunately I did not have the camera out. Next time...


Keeping on the theme of our big girl, we are working on updating Esther's room. Since potty-training is going to well, we've put the changing table in storage and got this great dresser. I found it on Craig's list (online garage sale-type thing) and when we picked it up, she gave it to us for free. It is in good condition and fits our needs perfectly. We also found this cute elephant at a yard sale over the weekend. This wonderful woman goes and picks up good-condition stuff off the side of the road that students, who don't know the value of stuff, dump on the side of the road after the school year. She then has this huge yard sale at the beginning of the next school year to keep all this out of the landfill and provide cheap items to the public. We got some great items, including this elephant, some cute Esther clothes, books, a laptop case, a lantern, and a beautiful shirt for me (all for $4, by the way).



I don't think I have posted a pic of this great toybox my brother made Esther before she was born. We love it! E can color on the chalkboard and it hides all the extra toys and bags that she's gotten too old for or otherwise have no place to go. My brother is an engineer and wonderful woodworker. Knowing I would appreciate it, he only used reclaimed wood for this project. Thanks, Kris!

And a memory of Esther on her first day home. She had jaundice, so we let her get a bit of sun each day. Even though it was December, the temps were in the 70s. And a highlight of the first baby blanket I crocheted her. I made her a purple and white one after she was born (knowing she was a girl).


Oh, the baby fever is setting in. No worries (or, don't get your hopes up), it will be at least another year or so. But they are soooo sweet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, big girl, no joke! I gotta get my Esther fix, it's been too long since we've seen her! You guys free the weekend after this one? We'd love to see you guys and that's the only weekend we are free for a while. Let me know, so we can mark it on the calendar. Love you guys!

PS_ so, who made Ben cut his hair?