Sunday, August 24, 2008

Playing in the dirt


With the wonderful, cool weather we've had the last week, we've been playing outside a lot more again. Esther loves using her shovel to find worms and roly-poly bugs. I'm so glad that she loves being outside and getting dirty. And who doesn't love holding a squiggly worm!


We colored on the sidewalk and discovered this cicada crawling past us. Esther followed it as it made its way to the bushes.


About 2-3" in length= 'Big Bug'


I love how she stands with her hands behind her back


"Go? Big Bug, go?"


In an attempt to make a nice dinner w/out Esther 'helping' me or pitching a fit, I brought her kitchen inside (was in the backyard). I don't know why I never did this before. She played for hours and cried like I had broken her heart when I made her stop playing and come to dinner. It has been a wonderful outlet for her to pretend and play. She loves making 'muffins' and 'sausage' for Papa (again, not sure where the sausage idea came from). A set of toy pots and utensils are definitely in her future. For now, our extras will do.

She's even 'cooking' while sitting on the potty.

We also had a wonderful visit from Grandma Vickie (our good friend and Finn's grandmother). The kids loved reading on her lap and I enjoyed conversation over coffee.


And an update on school - Esther had to miss Wednesday due to a weird one-day runny nose, but had a wonderful day on Friday. She is really excited to go back tomorrow.

No comments: