Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family weekend

Oh, it was so good to be home this weekend with Esther and Ben, with absolutely nothing to do. We enjoyed a visit with a sweet friend on Saturday, but otherwise did not leave the house or get out of our jammies.

Esther played with our old coffee maker (we got a new one for Christmas). Our little barista!
Reading on an extra mattress we have that has served for many places in E's imagination. One day it is the beach, another a pool, sometimes the park, and often just a bed.

I made Esther some new orange pants today. She asked for some for Christmas, but orange pants are hard to find, especially for little girls. I used some of the leftover fabric from her birthday outfit and some old orange batik I had laying around. It has been quite a while since I made pants, so I had to rip them out way too many times, but they finally turned out.
She hates posing.
A declaration of love for the color orange!
Ben has had a wonderful day of cooking (have I mentioned how much I LOVE his new interest in the culinary arts). He started off the day with a large batch of red beans and rice. Yum! and just finished off some pralines. Thanks, Mom, for the recipe books for Christmas. I am surely reaping the benefits.
She picked out the airplane, boat, car, and train apron over the flower or swirly one.

No comments: