Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunshine peaking through

The sunshine has peaked through the clouds the last few days. We lost another loved one, but this time were more prepared. My 'uncle' passed away after a long battle with cancer. We were lucky to have known him and spent so many happy times together. His wife and children were able to spend time with him in his last days and he passed without pain at home.
With all of this loss in the new year, I've gone through a range of emotions: utter sadness, disbelief, heartache, peace that passes understanding, comfort, anger, and gratefulness for my many blessings. I am blessed with my amazing family and friends that have prayed, listened and comforted me over these last couple of weeks. I know my sadness does not compare to those who were closer to those who passed, and my prayers continue for them, knowing that is the best thing we can do.
This year holds a lot of change as we will be moving, Ben starting school, Esther beginning a new school/daycare, and me looking for a new job. I am focusing on the many things I have to be thankful for. Some words that remind me of my blessings...

In the midst of winter, I discovered within me an invincible summer. ~Camus

Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon. ~Masahide

Pray not for a lighter load, but for stronger shoulders. ~St. Augustine

What is to give light, must endure burning. ~Victor Frankl

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. ~Confucius

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. ~Persian saying


Star soul will soon be back to pictures and stories of how our lovely daughter is filling our lives with joy and laughter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather,
I'm so msorry to hear of your loss, we will certainly hold you up in our prayers. Please don't hesitate to give either of us a call if you need to talk. We love you!