Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rock Outcrop and Sweetwater Festival

We had a wonderful week of springtime activities. During the week, Esther and I had a playdate with some good friends. Her friend, Amara, is four and they play really well together. After going to the playground, we visited a local rock outcrop that has an abundance of threatened and endangered plants. Esther and Amara had fun hiking around and tromping through the little streambeds.
This weekend, we headed into Atlanta for the Sweetwater Festival in Candler Park. Saturday Ben and I went and met some friends, leaving E to play with the Grands. She came with us on Sunday and we had such a blast. She loved playing with her hula hoop and dancing to the music. She's already asking to go to another festival ("festibal"). So glad she's following in our footsteps of good music and good times!

Old friend, Em, and I with LED hula hoops - So cool!
Family fun!
Esther's having some boogie-time. Also check out her new skirt. I bought this great pillowcase and turned it into this adorable skirt. She's worn it the last 4 days...I think she likes it!
About 5 minutes after leaving the festival

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute blog...adorable pictures.

I am a new blogger and finding my away around.

I have a great giveaway for April.
You have to scan down to the "Card Box" post to see what it looks like...but it is a $75.00 value....
It was so popular that I decided to give one away each month...For every comment you leave during the month, that puts you in the drawing that many times.....Hope you will visit soon

Songbird Mama said...

ester is getting so big.... she is so cute!!