Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Little Blessings #10

A sense of wonder! My final 'blessing' in this series is a sense of wonder that I am reminded of every day with my sweet girl. This is something we tend to lose as we grow older. Whether we feel like we know it all or just get jaded, we somehow stifle our imagination and desire to learn. I love this quote from famous ecologist and author, Rachel Carson.
If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children, I should ask that her gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life.
There are so many blessings that I cannot possibly list them all. Another one being my amazing family. My Mom and Dad who have taught me so much in life and given me amazing love and acceptance. (I have to give a shout-out to Dad...Happy 60th Birthday!) My brother, Ben's family, all our wonderful friends...so much to be thankful for.

And I leave you with a sweet song that Esther made up for Ben (completely on her own). As the day passes, I hear more and more "when will Papa be home?" Well, I walked in on E singing this sweet song and had to capture it. I even admit to tearing up a bit. For those of you who don't understand two year old, here are the lyrics to the tune of Thumpkin.
"Where is Papa, where is Papa. He's at work, he's at work. Wish that he would come home, wish that he would come home now."
Can you get any sweeter?



Oh, and the interview. Went well - they said I'm overqualified and would love to have me, but...may be losing funding - story of my job search. Everyone who receives my resume says I look great, but all their funding is cut and they have no open positions. Praying for direction and doors to open and close as is right for me and my family. Love and blessings!

No comments: