Sunday, November 15, 2009

Family Weekend

Since Ben started school, we don't get too much time together (Have I mentioned this before? Oh, I have? Sorry for the monotony). Well, this coming week is the first week of the semester that Ben has not had a (or 3) tests. Sooo, we were able to not only have a our once a week family day, but a whole family weekend (well, mostly). Ben did not even crack a book until a few hours ago tonight. It was awesome!
Not much excitement on Friday, but nice time spent together as a family. Saturday was interrupted a bit by me having to work a few hours, but otherwise was a great day! The grands (thanks) kept Esther for the night and we adults had a date night. I made a fabulous dinner, if I do say so myself. On the menu: Garlic and Peppercorn marinated pork tenderloin (yes, I made meat), Smoked gouda mashed potatoes, rosemary roasted rainbow carrots, spinach artichoke dip w/ sourdough, and a bottle of vino. It was delicious and Ben was quite appreciative. We took a long walk around the neighborhood and ended the night with a movie. Felt like our early years - and was quite lovely. (sorry, no dinner pics. Ben always makes fun of me when I take pictures of food)
Today, I was able to spend some time with an old friend, Hope, and her '58 Desoto. Rockin' car and great gal!

The family weekend concluded with a early evening fire in the backyard. Esther loves the fire and we feel it is good to teach her about safety around it early on. She was great at gathering little sticks around the yard and adding leaves here and there.
Good job on the fire, Papa!
And a post would not be complete w/out another picture of Ben passed out asleep on the floor, before dinner, and E trying to wake him up :)

No comments: