Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wild Child


This is my new favorite children's book. I picked up 'Wild Child' and 'Winter Waits' by Lynn Plourde at the library this week. The artwork, by Greg Couch, is amazing! 'Wild Child' is the story of Mother Earth putting Autumn to sleep and preparing for Winter (who wakes up at the end of the story). 'Winter Waits' is the story of Father Time and Winter and their fun together. I have not read the Summer and Spring ones, but they are definitely on our library list for next week. I actually would love to buy the whole series. Sorry for no pictures of E, but I just had to share these beautiful books!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are some of our favorite books. Check out Child of Faire, Child of Earth by Jane Yolen. You'll like it. Give everyone our love. Good luck on the up coming move.

Songbird Mama said...

Thanks for the recs...I've put a hold on them at the library.
There is a book that O and I have both really enjoyed, The Girl Inside the Castle Inside the Museum.
Really adorable, I think E and you will love it!