Monday, March 9, 2009

Esther and I had a lovely visit to our good friends' farm, Backyard Harvest, last week. Becky and I used to work together at the Botanical Garden before she decided to be a full-time organic farmer with her husband, Boo. We had a wonderful time digging carrots and walking around the farm. They also have a lot of critters on the farm, my favorites being Buddy and Rose, the llama and alpaca, though the many dogs and kitties are sweet as can be.
I think Esther cleaned them out on carrots. She even broke her very annoying no-vegetable rule and ate a few bits. These are sweetest carrots I've ever tasted. Delicious!

The weird cold-hot weather we've been having (and the crazy snow) have knocked out most of the crops, but they still had some lettuces and cilantro in the greenhouses. Esther wasn't so sure about the lettuce.
Boo and E had some basketball fun, too. Taking a rest in between sets :)
As I am not a cold-weather girl, I am loving the sunshine and warm temperatures of late. Wishing you and yours a sunny week!

No comments: