Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Little Blessings #2

One of the biggest blessings in my life - my husband, Benjamin. Today is our 6-year anniversary. I woke up this morning, remembering that beautiful day. My Mom called my hotel room around 7:00 and said, "Are you ready to get married?" Even though I was exhausted from staying out late with all our friends and family that had come in town, I jumped out of bed. "Yes!" I was ready to get married - never a doubt in my mind. Ben and I dated for almost 5 years before getting married, living apart for a year while I was in AmeriCorps. Not that I had had a lot of experience, but I knew that Ben was something special. He actually made me feel good about myself and loved me unconditionally. He made me laugh, held me when I cried, didn't mind my extreme moodiness, thought my goofiness was adorable, and respected and shared my views on life. Over 10 years after meeting him, things have only gotten better! I love this man more today than ever. He is an amazing husband and father. I love watching his relationship with Esther and knowing that they will always be close.
We always joke that we 'complete' each other, but it is true. I know most people feel this way about the spouses, but also see a lot of people who constantly complain about their loved ones or just don't seem to get it. Well, we've got and don't plan on letting it go. Marriage takes work, and I feel some people give up way to easy. Not saying that some marriages should be ended for various reasons, but I think many people just stop trying. Communication, openness and understanding, and prayer are the keys. I feel very lucky to have met my match and married young. I look forward to growing old with my love, having more baby(ies), and being grands together one day. Okay, enough mushiness...
Benjamin, I love you with all my heart. More today than 6 years ago on our wedding day. It did not bother me that all you could say was "I love you" during our vows, because those words say it all! Thank you for loving me, for loving my family, and loving our family. I feel like the luckiest gal in the world! Oh yeah, and did I mention that I think you're incredibly handsome! Happy Anniversary!
I'm letting him sleep in, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time on the computer. After wake-up, brunch and watching our wedding video snuggled under a blanket with our littlest love.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember your wedding. Our brothers sitting on the drum, Ben at the alter with Tom, and you walking down the aisle. It was great! Happy anniversary and love to you all!

Unknown said...

It was a beautiful wedding, and has (more importantly) been a more beautiful marriage! I hope it was a great anniversary, and you guys enjoyed each other's company. -Love