Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everyday Treasures and

My two favorite blogs reminded me today of slowing down and appreciating the little things around me that make my life so full. Lil' Songbird is a beautiful friend, Ansley, who lives right outside of Athens. She makes homemade soap (that is amazing), knits, take great photographs, and has a wonderful family - among other things. Her, Feeding the Soul theme is a great idea that I'm stealing. I'm not as good at posting everyday, but will do my best for a couple times a week. Soule Mama's Everyday Treasures was another happy reminder to count your blessings and to be thankful. So, here is the start to -
My Little Blessings.
Of course, my sweet Esther is an amazing blessing. I love this picture from my birthday last year. I think it epitomizes motherhood and the friendship of me and my wee one. A happy walk, hand in hand.

After an adult weekend (E stayed w/ Grandma and Poppi) and two full days of work, I was really missing my girl (and I'm leaving for a conference for 3 days tomorrow). I got home last night and snuggled and kissed my heart out - even with her pushing me away and saying "no kisses, Mama!" We later took a walk after dinner and I stared at her in awe. Everyone says they grow up so fast, and it has hit me how true that is. She is not a baby anymore. Her imagination and cleverness amazes me. Man, I love this girl!
A funny quote from our walk home last night. "I like crickets - they taste good. Papa, do you want to eat some?" For the record, she has never eaten crickets to my knowledge. She was listening to the night sounds and recognized the crickets. Not sure how that progressed to eating them, but it was really funny.
So there's the start of 'My little blessings'. I'm at the Environmental Education Alliance conference the rest of the week, so will be back next week. Enjoy your 'Everyday Treasures', things that 'Feed Your Soul' and the many 'Little Blessings' in your life!

No comments: