Friday, October 31, 2008

Crafting


It's that time of year to get my crafty bug on. My sewing machine broke a month or so ago, right when I was had just gotten a bunch of inspiration for projects (mainly from other blogs). Well, my wonderful sister-in-law (thanks, Sara) had an extra machine and has let me borrow it. I was so excited! It is a REALLY nice Baby Lock machine that does way more than my old Singer. What a treat.

So, of course I had to get started on one of the projects I've had on my to-do list. With the cold weather, all of our scarves and hats have come back out. The last few years, I've kept them in a cloth bag and had to dig through it looking for the one I want. Well, I found this great idea for a scarf hanger on a blog - unfortunately, I could not find it again to give them credit. I used a piece of felt and some ribbon that I've had in my stash for quite a while. I used push pins to attach it to the back of our coat closet door. Tadah! Now I just have to figure out a way to hang all the hats - they're still in the bag.

And here's a sneak-peak at the goodies I've been hand-embroidering here and there.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I will have to make one of those. Now that we have left sunny weather, that will come in handy! Love to you all!

Songbird Mama said...

Hey Heather....your crafts look very fun!
Are you guys planning on going to the festival tomorrow?