Friday, October 24, 2008

Sick day

Esther came down with a bit of a cough yesterday. She's had some sort of cold every month since starting at Morningstar. I know it is normal for kids to get sick when they start school, but I'm really over it (and I'm sure she is too). Anyway, I called in to work and kept her home from school today, so not to pass on her germs.
So what do you do with a sick [almost] two year old when it is raining all day?
Make a fall leaf wreath out of a cereal box and yard nature collections

Collecting berries for the project



Final product to be hung on our door once the glue is dry


Make Harvest muffins (pumpkin, cranberries, apples, pecans) = YUM

Way to much watching tv for my liking - and enjoying muffins

Lots of books

Our arsenal of 'meds' - homeopathics, juice, and elderberry (the miracle herb for colds)


Hoping for a better day tomorrow. We have plans to go to the Pumpkin Patch with my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and Mom. I'm really excited and hope Esther is up to it. (:

No comments: