Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Embroidery, Cookies, and Singing


Watching the trash truck (and really cute tights!)

Here are pictures of the little sweatshirt I embroidered Esther. For my first attempt at embroidery, I think it turned out pretty well. Thanks, Mom, for your goody box of threads.


Esther and I made oatmeal cookies today. It's a relatively healthy recipe, but I think they are delicious. She loves helping me cook and, of course, enjoys eating them too. Here's the recipe:
2 stick butter (I use Smart Balance)
1 c brown sugar (I reduced it and added maple syrup)
2 eggs
2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c + 2 TBL milk (I use soymilk)
2 c oats (add last)
Mix 1st three ingredients. Mix dry ingredients separately. Combine wet and dry. Add milk and oatmeal. I also add 1 cup of craisins, since I don't care for raisins. Cook 10 min at 350. YUM!



I've mentioned how Esther loves to sing. Well, I finally got it on video during our lunch today. She has a full mouth half the time, so some of it is quite hard to understand. She misses a few letters in the ABCs and words in the other songs, but for her age, I think it is pretty good (of course that is probably the proud parent in me). Unfortunately, Zouga interrupted the performance. Enjoy!

No comments: