Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wonderful Fall Weekend

My heart was warmed to find this little monarch chrysalis in my Norfolk pine a few days ago (notice the new layout picture). At least I know one will complete its metamorphosis. We are watching and waiting for the butterfly to emerge. It should probably be another week. I'll keep you posted if I get a picture.

Speaking of butterflies, here is my sweetest butterfly. I didn't feel the picture last week did the dress justice. It has an adorable dragonfly embroidered on the front and sewn on wings on the back. Esther's been practicing being a butterfly fairy for Halloween and has been fluttering (flapping) all over the yard.


E and I walked up to the Pumpkin Patch at a local church on Friday. This small pumpkin is the first one she picked up and was the one she wanted. It won't do to leave it outside, so she has been taking it from place to place around the house. I think she would sleep with it if we would let her.



It was beautiful weekend, not too chilly, but a nice, cool wind. We enjoyed the company of my brother and sister-in-law on Saturday for the Georgia game. I napped most of the game, but was happy they won, so the moods in the house would be pleasant (have I mentioned that I really don't care about sports).
Today was a 'cozy-on-the-couch' kind of Sunday. I read, crocheted, and started embroidering (pictures to come). I crocheted this cute little hat for Esther. I absolutely love it and will probably make one for myself. After trying (and pulling out) 2-3 different hat patterns, this one turned out perfect. Here is the pattern for any crocheters out there. It is the slant stich hat. I used size H hook and tend to crochet really tight, so it made the perfect size for Esther. Ben's parents brought me the beautiful green wool yarn back from Ireland and I have been holding onto for years, waiting for the perfect project. The purple flower was an easy addition to give it some girly flare. Esther seems to like it and is now ready for the coming chilly fall mornings. (her 'cheese' face, again)


The rest of our Sunday, we spent playing in the yard, taking a walk for ice cream (smoothie for non-dairy Esther), and Ben is now studying for his Microbiology class.


It is getting late. Off to bed and back to a busy week in the morning...

No comments: